Sunday 25 March 2012

My Problem & How I Solved It 2

A few months ago, a friend and fellow blogger described a project that she created to solve a problem that she had with the clutter and disorganization of her jewellery. At the time, I thought it was an ingenious idea but was much larger than I would ever need. I don't have a lot of jewellery but really could use something to organize my shepherd hook earrings.
It wasn't until I stumbled upon this small standing picture frame at Makro (Belgian Costco) that I was inspired to create a smaller version.



Tools of the project included some window screen (I asked for "0.5 metre" and got 1.5), a cutting mat, some flat wooden dowelling, a ruler and your husbands Ginsu knife (don't ridicule him when he tele-shops at 3am, it might come in handy some day).


I removed the glass from the frame and cut a piece of screening to match the size.


Now, using the Ginsu, I cut the flat dowelling to size, giving me a piece for each side. These things work really well as saws!


I place the screening in the opening, laid a bead of sticky craft glue along the inside edge of the frame and then imbedded the dowels in the glue.


Now I reassembled the frame, sans glass, and waited for everything to dry.


The final project, with earrings in place. And still lots of room to add more!


Thanks, Donna - Queen Without A Country - for the inspiration.

No comments:

Post a Comment