Saturday 7 January 2012

Long overdue next blog

Forgive me, readers. It has been 67 days since my last confession, oops, I mean blog.

The spin up before Christmas is always a busy time, with the usual conundrum of gift shopping, magnified this year by the distance from home and the requirement for shipping EVERYTHING.

Gift giving always presents its own set of challenges. There is always the quandary of what for whom. This year, I felt I had time to create some special gifts for two special people.

A number of years ago, my good friend Donna taught me how to foundation piece. With retirement providing me with time and inspiration provided by my daughter, I set out to create wall quilts for both daughter Sarah and sister Pat.
The original project with Donna

A project with Sarah & Kyle c.1996


The choice for Sarah was driven by her own choice. She has seen the quilt on a website when she was searching Christmas craft ideas for her own home.  I decided to create it for her.




Pat’s Christmas décor theme is old fashioned. And I thought the primitive evergreens would suit her best. And just to top things off, I created a set of Santa hot pot pads, which I neglected to take a picture of. (Richard, can you help me with that?)



I think the best part of these gifts is that they share something I love to do and therefore part of myself. I hope they take as much enjoyment in them as I did in creating them.
                                                     Thank you Donna for teaching me this skill.

1 comment:

  1. Yeah, Yeah... first "yeah" is for blogging, finally (of course I am one to talk). The second Yeah is for quilting... how sweet are your projects. You know what, I have an unfinished tree down stairs, I dragged out and thought I might finish for next Christmas.. so it was kind of fun to see the tree on YOUR blog...
    Happy New year... If you run out of ideas to blog about, I will send you all the things I want to know about where you are now living....

    ReplyDelete